Keeping Your Tests Lean
Strategies for fast, valuable, reliable tests.
Agile Testing Days: Boston, MA | June 2018
SeleniumConf: Berlin, Germany | October 2017
SauceCon: San Francisco, CA | June 2017
I am originally from sunny Southern California. I have lived in many states, but believe that the west coast is the best coast and always find my way back to California. I moved to San Francisco in 2012 after graduating from Northwestern University with a B.S. in Computer Engineering.
Since living in the Bay, I have been fortunate to work at awesome places and learn and apply new skills. I am a QA Engineer, and am enjoying continuing to grow both my tech and business skills. On a day to day basis, I get to test software applications by discovering defects and raising risks. It is great to be able to pick an application apart so that when it is released to a customer, I feel satisfaction that the app will work smoothly.
When I am not working, I'm always looking for my next adventure. I absolutely love to travel, and am always on the lookout for flight deals to exotic places. I also really love to cook and am constantly learning how to cook new and more exciting dishes. And when Im not doing any of those other things, you can catch me hanging out with my two dogs.
Presentations from talks I have given
Skilled in automation and can build a framework using any language or framework.
An expert in the art of manual testing and coming up with happy paths, sad paths and edge cases.
Worked with multiple teams to help instill agile testing activities to accelerate their impact and be involved throughout the SDLC.
Have setup and managed various CI and CD pipeline. I look for infrastructure improvements.
Advise how to optimize the release process and limit manual steps of the release.
I work with the Editor Tools team which focuses on building the GitHub extension for IDEs. My main responsbilities are to:
- Write and execute detailed test plans for every featur developed
- Help improve release process
- Implement quality processes
- Build an automation framework
- Facilitate retrospectives on testing and release processes
I worked primarily on cross-functional project teams to help deliver quality software to our customers. My main activities were to:
- Wrote and executed detailed test plans for manual testing of new development projects
- Actively contributed to the automation framework in an efficient way so that the framework will be scalable and maintainable
- Investigated bugs and contributed to prioritization of feature requests - Organized bug bashes – a directed, cross-functional testing session to ensure confidence in our product launches
- Evolved QA practices and processes into our SDLC
As the first QA Engineer at Earnest it was my primary focus to create a strong foundation of quality within the organization.
- Built a robust smoke and regression test suites run in CI
- Expanded test coverage to include mobile web, web and native iOS versions
- Introduced best testing practices to our agile workflow
Worked in agile software development teams across a wide range of technologies and industries to perform various types of testing to produce quality web and mobile applications. I led efforts to transform agile testing within organizations.
Here's a repeatable process to help you select the best test framework for your project.
Here are some tips and tricks to approach desktop automation.
What are the best books on software testing? Here are 6 book recaps you won't want to miss